TMA03 is due in less than a week, and I haven't really given it too much thought so far. The first thing we need to do is to identify the two digital technologies we are proposing to use as the basis for the end-of-course assessment (ECA). The precise requirement (from the ECA brief) is to "Choose two digital technologies you have used this year as a learner."
As a first step I have had a scan of various sources to seek a bit of inspiration. I've looked back through the H800 course material and I've looked at the tutor group forum and the course wiki (both for my own group and for other tutor groups). I've even been keeping an eye on Twitter, having set up a search on "H800". I also had a quick look on Cloudworks, but couldn't really see any relevant threads.
Anyway, with thanks to all other H800 students who have indicated their initial choices, here's a preliminary list of technologies which people seem to be considering:
- Discussion forums / tutor group forums (asynchronous)
- Audio / video conferencing (e.g. using Skype)
- Virtual classrooms (e.g. Elluminate / Wimba)
- Instant messaging (synchronous)
- Online videos (e.g. YouTube or course-related videos)
- Micro-blogging (e.g. Twitter)
- Social networking (e.g. Facebook)
- Social bookmarking (e.g. Delicious)
- Second life
- RSS feeds (and associated readers such as Google reader)
Obviously this list is not comprehensive, and there may well be other technologies that are appropriate, but they seem to be the ones which most people are thinking about.
I can't make my mind up at the moment. I was thinking about choosing blogs, but I'm a bit concerned because the brief for the ECA states that material which was submitted for any previous TMA must not be used again, and I selected blogging for one of the activities in TMA02.
I'll need to think a bit more about this.
Finally, a note about Twitter. I have started a new Twitter account specifically for use on this course. My new username is TonyB_H800